12. Cyr, Marie-Ève; Wetten, Kim; Warrington, Miyako H.; and Koper, Nicola. 2020. Variations in Song Structure of House Wrens Living in Urban and Rural Areas in a Caribbean Small Island Developing State. Bioacoustics.1–14. https://doi.org/10.1080/09524622.2020.1835538
11. Warrington, M. H., Curry, C. M., Antze, B. & Koper, N. 2018. Noise from four types of extractive energy infrastructure affects song features of Savannah Sparrows. The Condor, 120, 1-15.
10. Curry, C. M., Antze, B., Warrington, M. H., Des Brisay, P., Rosa, P., & Koper, N. (2017). Ability to alter song in two grassland songbirds exposed to simulated anthropogenic noise is not related to pre-existing variability. Bioacoustics-the International Journal of Animal Sound and Its Recording, 1-26. doi: 10.1080/09524622.2017.1289123.
9. Tanimoto, A. M., P. J. Hart, A. A. Pack, R. Switzer, P. C. Banko, D. L. Ball, E. Sebastián-González, L. Komarczyk, and M. H. Warrington. 2017. Changes in vocal repertoire of the Hawaiian crow, Corvus hawaiiensis, from past wild to current captive populations. Animal Behaviour 123:427-432.
8. Warrington, Miyako H., Rollins, Lee Ann; Russell, Andrew F.; Griffith, Simon C. 2015. Sequential polyandry through divorce and re-pairing in a cooperatively breeding bird reduces helper-offspring relatedness. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, 69(8), 1311-1321. doi: 10.1007/s00265-015-1944-7.
7. Warrington, M. H., P. G. McDonald, and S. C. Griffith. 2015. Within-group vocal differentiation of individuals in the cooperatively breeding apostlebird. Behavioral Ecology 26:493-501.
6. Warrington, Miyako H.; McDonald, Paul G.; Rollins, Lee Ann; Griffith, Simon C. 2014. All signals are not equal: acoustic signalling of individuality, sex and breeding status in a cooperatively breeding bird. Animal Behaviour 93, 249-260.
5. Warrington, Miyako H.; 2014. McDonald, Paul; Sager, Aliza K; Griffith, Simon C. 2014. The vocal repertoire of the cooperatively breeding Apostlebird, Struthidae cinerea. Emu, published online 5 June 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/MU13051
4. Warrington, Miyako H., Rollins, Lee Ann; Raihani, Nichola J.; Russell, Andrew F.; Griffith, Simon C. 2013. Genetic monogamy despite variable ecological conditions and social environment in the cooperatively breeding apostlebird. Ecology and Evolution 3: 4669-4682.
3. Daniel E. Brown, William J. Mautz, Miyako Warrington, Lenard Allen, Harold A.T. Tefft, and Lincoln Gotshalk. 2010. Relation between C-reactive protein levels and body composition in a multiethnic sample of school children in Hawaii. American Journal of Human Biology 22: 675–679
2. Francis L. Benevides Jr., William J. Mautz,, and Miyako Warrington. 2009. A piece-wise linear model of sound pressure level of male Eleutherodactulus coqui overnight chorus. Herpetological Review 40 (2): 162-165
1. Elliott, Kyle; Hewett, Miyako; Kaiser, Gary; and Blake, Robert W. 2004. Flight energetics of the Marbled Murrelet, Brachyramphus marmoratus. Canadian Journal of Zoology 82: 644-652
Popular Science articles
Warrington , M. H. 2016. Tapping to the beat of their own song. Biosphere:60-65.
Warrington, Miya, Feb 8, 2012. Field recordings and repertoire examination 101: A basic workshop. Presented by M.Warrington at the University of Hawaii-Hilo as a special day workshop (10am-4pm) for students and faculty members.
Warrington, Miyako; Koper, Nicola; Williams, Ramon. July 30th, 2016. Abundance, diversity and acoustic behaviours of Grenadian birds. Poster presentation given by Miya Warrington at the International Society for Behavioural Ecology.
Koper, N., Bernath-Plaisted, J., Curry, C., Antze, B., Warrington, M., Nenninger, H., Rosa, P. August 6, 2015. Effects of oil and gas infrastructure and operating noise on grassland songbirds in Canada. International Congress for Conservation Biology, Corum, Montpellier, France.
Warrington, Miya. Feb 2nd, 2012. Cooperation in social animals: Studying communication and social networks in the Australian Apostlebirds. Presented by M.Warrington at the University of Hawaii at Hilo biology seminar series.
Warrington, Miya. April 2011. Life-history strategies in the cooperatively breeding Apostlebird, Struthidea cinerea. Presented by Miya Warrington, April 12,2011. The Australasian Society for the Study of Animal Behaviour. Extended abstract published in conference book.
Warrington, Miyako. 2008. Monitoring coqui frog (Eleutherodactylus coqui) populations using sound pressure levels. Presented by Miyako Warrington, Sept 12-15, 2008. 2nd International Conference on Acoustic Communication by Animals. Extended abstract published in conference book.
Warrington, Miyako. 2008 Erosion of Culture as a Potential Effect of Rarity in the Hawaiian Crow (Corvus hawaiiensis). Presented by Miyako Warrington, Sept 12-15, 2008. 2nd International Conference on Acoustic Communication by Animals. Extended abstract published in conference book.