17. Warrington, Miyako H., & Waterman, J.M. 2022. Temperature driven morphological changes in an African arid-zone ground squirrel. Journal of Mammalogy, https://doi.org/10.1093/jmammal/gyac107
16. Warrington, Miyako H.; Schrimpf, Michael B.; Taylor, Michelle E.; Des Brisay, Paulson G. and Koper, Nicola. 2022. Changes in human activity during the COVID-19 lockdown influences bird habitat use in the United Kingdom, Royal Society Proceeding B: Biological Sciences, 289(1983), 20212740. https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rspb.2021.2740
15. Warrington, Miyako H.; Beaulieu, Sienna; Vos, Sjoerd; Jellicoe, Riley; Bennett, Nigel C; Waterman, Jane M. 2022. Personalities are not associated with different reproductive tactics in male Cape ground squirrels (Xerus inauris), Animal Behaviour, 193, 63–74. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anbehav.2022.08.014
14. Schrimpf Michael B., Des Brisay Paulson G., Johnston Alison, Smith Adam C., Sánchez-Jasso Jessica, Robinson Barry G., Warrington Miyako H., Mahony Nancy A., Horn Andrew G., Strimas-Mackey Matthew, Fahrig Lenore, & Koper Nicola. 2021. Reduced human activity during COVID-19 alters avian land use across North America. Science Advances, 7(39), eabf5073. https://doi.org/10.1126/sciadv.abf5073
13. Bates, Amanda E., Primack, Richard, PAN-Environmental Consortium*, & Duartes, Carlos. 2021. Diverse Human-Nature Interactions Revealed by the Global COVID-19 Lockdown. Biological Conservation,109175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocon.2021.109175 *I am part of this consortium and provided empirical data and model results for this study.
12. Cyr, Marie-Ève; Wetten, Kim; Warrington, Miyako H.; and Koper, Nicola. 2020. Variations in Song Structure of House Wrens Living in Urban and Rural Areas in a Caribbean Small Island Developing State. Bioacoustics.1–14. https://doi.org/10.1080/09524622.2020.1835538
11. Warrington, M. H., Curry, C. M., Antze, B. & Koper, N. 2018. Noise from four types of extractive energy infrastructure affects song features of Savannah Sparrows. The Condor, 120, 1-15.
10. Curry, C. M., Antze, B., Warrington, M. H., Des Brisay, P., Rosa, P., & Koper, N. (2017). Ability to alter song in two grassland songbirds exposed to simulated anthropogenic noise is not related to pre-existing variability. Bioacoustics-the International Journal of Animal Sound and Its Recording, 1-26. doi: 10.1080/09524622.2017.1289123.
9. Tanimoto, A. M., P. J. Hart, A. A. Pack, R. Switzer, P. C. Banko, D. L. Ball, E. Sebastián-González, L. Komarczyk, and M. H. Warrington. 2017. Changes in vocal repertoire of the Hawaiian crow, Corvus hawaiiensis, from past wild to current captive populations. Animal Behaviour 123:427-432.
8. Warrington, Miyako H., Rollins, Lee Ann; Russell, Andrew F.; Griffith, Simon C. 2015. Sequential polyandry through divorce and re-pairing in a cooperatively breeding bird reduces helper-offspring relatedness. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, 69(8), 1311-1321. doi: 10.1007/s00265-015-1944-7.
7. Warrington, M. H., P. G. McDonald, and S. C. Griffith. 2015. Within-group vocal differentiation of individuals in the cooperatively breeding apostlebird. Behavioral Ecology 26:493-501.
6. Warrington, Miyako H.; McDonald, Paul G.; Rollins, Lee Ann; Griffith, Simon C. 2014. All signals are not equal: acoustic signalling of individuality, sex and breeding status in a cooperatively breeding bird. Animal Behaviour 93, 249-260.
5. Warrington, Miyako H.; 2014. McDonald, Paul; Sager, Aliza K; Griffith, Simon C. 2014. The vocal repertoire of the cooperatively breeding Apostlebird, Struthidae cinerea. Emu, published online 5 June 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/MU13051
4. Warrington, Miyako H., Rollins, Lee Ann; Raihani, Nichola J.; Russell, Andrew F.; Griffith, Simon C. 2013. Genetic monogamy despite variable ecological conditions and social environment in the cooperatively breeding apostlebird. Ecology and Evolution 3: 4669-4682.
3. Daniel E. Brown, William J. Mautz, Miyako Warrington, Lenard Allen, Harold A.T. Tefft, and Lincoln Gotshalk. 2010. Relation between C-reactive protein levels and body composition in a multiethnic sample of school children in Hawaii. American Journal of Human Biology 22: 675–679
2. Francis L. Benevides Jr., William J. Mautz,, and Miyako Warrington. 2009. A piece-wise linear model of sound pressure level of male Eleutherodactulus coqui overnight chorus. Herpetological Review 40 (2): 162-165
1. Elliott, Kyle; Hewett, Miyako; Kaiser, Gary; and Blake, Robert W. 2004. Flight energetics of the Marbled Murrelet, Brachyramphus marmoratus. Canadian Journal of Zoology 82: 644-652
Popular Science articles
Warrington, Miyako H. 2018. Industrial noise compels Savannah sparrows to change their tune. The Conversation, https://theconversation.com/industrial-noise-compels-savannah-sparrows-to-change-their-tune-90151
Warrington , M. H. 2016. Tapping to the beat of their own song. Biosphere:60-65.